Saturday 25 April 2009

satsumas and work

Hello all,
Kate's latest exloit at the end of most meals these days goes like this:
me - do you want any banana?
kate - na
me - would you like any apple?
kate - na
me - how about some raisins?
kate - na
me - cheese?
kate - na
me - breadstick?
kate - na
me - are you finished? Full up?
kate - na
me - satsuma?
she points at it and goes to take it
me - ok dude, I'll just peel it for you then
so I peel the orange, pass her a segment
kate takes the satsuma, looks at it, then throws it across the room and says na
this has happened pretty much every day this week
What does she think - that satsumas grow on trees?

Also, work is going really well. Kate is totally happy with the childminder and so I am too, but Leon says he doesn't like being told how many soiled nappies kate has produced when he goes to pick her up. As some sort of response to Mama Musings, I know exactly what you mean and when you do get back out there it really will get much, much better. I think our generation has been raised to work, which makes it so much harder and more admirable to commit your whole time to caring for your children. xx
Mary x

No comments:

Post a Comment